Thomptronics provides interactive audio, speech and text content via far field voice devices, mobile devices, wearables, embedded software and hardware, and other devices and the Internet, that enable customers to interact conversational with automated systems and humans by speaking or texting (together, the “Service”).
Information We Collect
General. When you register as a user of the Service (each, a “User”) and at other times, we will collect personally identifiable information from you. The personally identifiable information we collect includes limited personal data such as name, address, phone number and email address. However, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Usage Information. Our web and Conversational Experience delivery cloud automatically collect usage information when you engage our Service. Website usage information is information about our visitors (unregistered users of the Service) and Users that describes how our Service is used and navigated, including the number and frequency of visitors and Users to each web page and the length of their stays. Website usage information also includes the domain names and/or corresponding IP addresses (a numerical identifier for a computer on the Internet) of those who visit our website. Finally, voice conversation usage information may include a UserID.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access Cloud servers, such as Amazon’s AWS and Google’s Cloud Platform. We will maintain appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of these servers and of your personally identifiable information. Except as described below, we will not use or intentionally disclose any personally identifiable information about you to any unaffiliated third parties without your consent.
How We Use Information Collected
We may combine the personally identifiable information we collect from you when you use the Service with other information about you that is available to us, including survey information, affiliate and third-party website usage information and information from other sources. We may use such information in several ways, including:
- To enable us to process and verify purchases, to provide you with the goods and services you have requested, and for the purposes disclosed when you provide the personally identifiable information.
- To send Users email notifications of new Service features and topic-based news alerts if they have signed up for these announcements.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- To give Thomptronics team members information that is useful for developing new features and services that meet Users’ needs.
- To improve the content and navigation on our Service.
- To alert you about new products and services and special offers.
- We may also share such information with our affiliates and other third parties to provide you with goods or services requested by you. However, any party that receives your information for this purpose will be prohibited from using it for any means other than those necessary to facilitate your transaction with Thomptronics unless you agree that the party may make other uses of your information.
Your Ability to Opt Out or Opt In
Opt Out. You can notify us that you do not wish to receive information about new products and services and special offers by opting out at the time you enter your personally identifiable information on the Thomptronics website or by emailing us at email@example.com
Opt In. Several of the services we provide, including many of the email notifications and the surveys we conduct, are entirely voluntary. You will not receive such services unless you opt in, i.e., unless you expressly choose to receive these services.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and Users move faster through the website portion of the Service. When a visitor or User accesses the Thomptronics website and takes advantage of certain features, we place several cookies on that User’s computer. A cookie is a string of information sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory. This allows the website to recognize you as you move through the website without having to keep asking you for your username and password. We also employ cookie technology to store usernames and passwords to make the login process easier and faster.
Review and Correction
You may review and update the personal information you provide us with as part of the registration process, or unsubscribe from the Service, by accessing your Profile at http://www.thomptronics.com
Comments and Questions
This policy was last updated on June 20, 2019.